First-Time Home Buyers
- Neighborhood Assistance Program of America
- The Neighborhood Assistance Corporation of America ("NACA")
is a non-profit, community advocacy and homeownership organization. NACA’s
primary goal is to build strong, healthy neighborhoods in urban and rural
areas nationwide through affordable homeownership.
Housing Association of Greater Hartford, Inc.
- Homebuyer education is offered in three- or eight-hour tracks. Held
monthly, the eight-hour course is strongly recommended for all participants
who desire a more thorough understanding of the home buying process, as
it increases the likelihood of a successful homeownership experience.
- Urban League of Greater
- The Urban League offers the CHFA three- and eight-hour first-time homeowner
- This program offers home buyers either mortgage interest rate buydowns
or downpayment and closing cost assistance, for purchasing 1-4 family
homes. HouseHartford can provide an opportunity for persons and families
to purchase homes in Hartford for their primary residence who without
such assistance would not be able to acquire their own homes.
Home Buyer Reference
- Rent vs. Buying
- Ginnie Mae's buy vs. rent comparison chart and calculator
help you evaluate the benefits of buying.
- How Much Home Can You Afford?
- Determine how much you can afford to spend on a home.
- Glossary of Real Estate Terms