Housing Finance Authority (CHFA) Homebuyer Programs
- Listing of homebuyer programs, such as CT FAMLIES, Home of Your Own(HOYO).
Housing Investment Fund (CHIF) Residential Loan Programs
- Energy Conservation Loan Program, Home Energy Solutions Program, People's/CHIF
Home Improvement Loan Program, First-Time Homebuyer Program, Wooden Window
Repair or Replacement Program
- For members of the U.S. Military, Active Duty, Guard, Reserve or veterans
who served in the US Armed Forces, and who were discharged
or released under conditions other than dishonorable.
- This loan program currently provides a low interest rate mortgage (Current
Interest Rate) to local or state police officers who purchase homes in
eligible municipalities. (This rate is subject to change.)
8 Housing Choice Voucher Homeownership Program
- With this program, eligible borrowers can use their Section 8 payments
towards their mortgage payment.
Mortgage Assistance Program
- If you are a Connecticut certified full-time or part-time public school
teacher or vocational-technical teacher employed by and teaching in your
endorsement area in a priority or transitional school district, or are
certified to teach and are teaching in a state-identified subject matter
shortage area, you may qualify for the Teachers Mortgage Assistance Program.
Housing Counseling Agencies (All States)
- HUD sponsors housing counseling agencies throughout the country that
can provide advice on buying a home, renting, defaults, foreclosures,
credit issues, and reverse mortgages.
Housing Counseling Agencies (Connecticut)
- Connecticut Agencies that offer pre-purchase and post-purchase housing
counseling, homebuyer education, debt management, and more.
- The Section 203(k) program is the Department of Housing and Urban Development's
primary program for the rehabilitation and repair of residential properties.
To be eligible, the property must be a one- to four-family dwelling that
has been completed for at least one year.
- VA Home Loan Programs
- The Veterans Administration offers a variety of home loan guaranty programs for Active Duty
Servicemembers, Veterans, and National Guard and Reserve members.